Every Story Matters kicks off in Lisbon!
Save the date: on 19 November 2019 ‘Every Story Matters’ kicks off with a conference in Lisbon, Portugal. We hope to see you there!
Every Story Matters – making books more inclusive is a European project, that Flanders Literature organises with five partners. It aims to increase the creation, availability and promotion of inclusive books for children and young adults. Everybody has the right to discover literature and to create stories, Your socio-economic or cultural background, gender, sexual preference or mental and physical abilities should not matter. Sadly not all of us have equal opportunities yet. This is not just a matter of who writes (and who is encouraged to write) but of who gets published, who stands on a stage, who sits in the audience, how people are portrayed in books and how readers identify with the characters in the books.
During ‘Every Story Matters/Cada História Conta’, our first conference, we invite readers, publishers, authors, librarians, teachers and other book lovers to be part of the promotion of inclusion through literature. We hope they will inspire, get inspired and work together to make the world of children’s and youth books more inclusive. Together we can make a change!
- Carla Oliveira – Editor, Orfeu Negro (Portugal)
- Joana Estrela – Writer, Planeta Tangerina (Portugal)
- Chafina Bendahman - Editor, Rose Stories (The Netherlands)
- Aimée Felone - Writer, Knights Of (United Kingdom)
- Susana Silvestre - Network of Lisbon Municipal Libraries (Portugal)
- João Paulo Proença, - Teacher, READ ON project, Network of School Libraries (Portugal)
- Nadia Yracema, playwright, commission for the National Theatre D. Maria II, Lisbon (Portugal)
A detailed programme will be announced soon. The conference will be held in English and Portuguese. Simultaneous translation will be made available.
When? Tuesday 19 November 2019
Where? Calouste Gulbenkian Foundation, Lisbon, Portugal
Registration fee? €30, €25 (students/unemployed), €20 (Acesso Cultura members)
Submit? RSVP online and fill out this form in order to stay updated on the conference and other activities of ‘Every Story Matters’. We’re happy to help you with any questions you might have regarding the conference on email@example.com.
The ‘Every Story Matters/Cada História Conta’ conference is part of the European project ‘Every Story Matters’, which is supported by the Creative Europe program of the European Union. ‘Every Story Matters’ is a joint collaboration between:
- Flanders Literature (Belgium)
- Acesso Cultura (Portugal)
- Bluedar (Germany)
- JAKRS Slovenian Book Agency (Slovenia)
- Mediart International (Croatia)
- ROSE stories (The Netherlands)
Follow us on Facebook.