Gioia-Ana Ulrich Knežević
Gioia-Ana Ulrich Knežević (b. 1971) translates fiction from Dutch, German and English. Her translations and own pieces have been published in various Croatian magazines and broadcast on Croatian radio. Since 2009, Knežević has worked at the department of Dutch language and culture of the University of Zagreb, teaching courses in Dutch literature and translation.
Works she has translated include the following:
- ‘The Following Story’ (Het volgende verhaal) and ‘In the Dutch Mountains’ (In de bergen van Nederland) by Cees Nooteboom
- ‘Blue Mondays’ (Blauwe maandagen) by Arnon Grunberg
- ‘Lola’ by Annelies Verbeke
- ‘Turkish Delight’ (Turks fruit) by Jan Wolkers
- ‘Tirza’ by Arnon Grunberg