Jelica Novaković-Lopušina (b. 1955) is a professor of Dutch language, literature and culture, and founder of the department of Dutch Studies at the faculty of philology in Belgrade. Additionally, she is a writer and translator. She received the PEN Vlaanderen triannual prize for her literary work, as well as the Dutch Foundation for Literature translation prize.
Her translations into Serbian include:
- ‘Palmwijn’ by Adriaan van Dis
- Cheese (Kaas) by Willem Elsschot
- The Guard (De bewaker) by Peter Terrin
- The Misfortunates (De helaasheid der dingen) by Dimitri Verhulst
- ‘The Dinner’ (Het diner) by Herman Koch
Photo © Vladimir Novaković